Choosing Right Shoes
Choosing the right shoes for your needs
Though buying shoes sound easy, no shoe is best until it fits you. The pair of shoes you select are influenced by many kinds of things including the shape of your feet, your weight and the running or walking surface. So, a shoe suiting one person may not fit the other. Before making a perfect selection, you cannot overlook the important aspects on shoe selection.
Determine the Shape of your Foot
In order to determine the shape of your foot, which is the most significant part on buying shoes, you need to go through a wet test. You just have to immerse your foot in water and place it on a surface that leaves the imprint of your foot. This test will exactly determine the type of foot you have, whether it is normal, flat or high-arched. This will provide you a basic knowledge of the shape of your foot to make the most of your shoe selection.
- Normal Foot -if the forefoot and the heel of your foot are joined by a wide band, then it's a normal foot.
- High heel Foot -If the forefoot and the heel are joined by a narrow band or they are not joined at all, it is a high heel foot.
- Flat Foot -If the ball and the heel are joined by a much broader band, it is a flat foot.
Types of Shoes
Once you have found the exact shape of your foot, you need to be aware of the different kinds of shoes that would suit different shapes of foot and evaluate your choice.
- Motion Control Shoes -Motion control shoes are not flexible enough since they are designed to control your movement. They are built to be heavy upon a straight last, having a dual density midsole and the inside layer is made up of thicker material to limit overpronation. Basically, these shoes will suit hefty people with flat foot.
- Stability Shoes -These shoes are heavy as well, but not as heavy as a motion control shoe. They are flexible and are built upon a semi-curved last having a dual density for support. These shoes are suitable for people with normal weight and normal foot.
- Cushioned Shoes -Cushioned shoes are very flexible having the softest midsoles. These shoes are built upon either a semi-curved or a curved last. Cushioned shoes are useful for people who do not need support for walking. Usually, people with high arch foot will feel comfortable with these shoes.
Different Kinds of Shoes
You will never wear the same shoes for all occasions and there are virtually many kinds of shoes that would match every event.
If you are a regular walker, a good walking shoes is a must have. Walking shoe is the most essential gear to keep you fit. The shoes you choose should provide you the balance, flexibility and cushioning. The heel of these shoes should not be big and wider, rather it should have relatively flat heel. It is advisable to have two pairs of shoes, since this will avoid the risk of fungus infection and bad foot odour. Most of the walking shoes should be replaced for every 600 miles by keeping a log and finding the miles accumulated in a pair of shoes. However, you should find a shoe that will suit your weight and stride.
Runners face frequent risks of injuries and it is vital that their shoes should be able to protect them. The requirement of running shoes varies depending upon the foot shape, size and movement of a person. The shoes you choose should be light weight and have maximum motion control. It should be cushioned having extreme stability. In order to prevent injury, you need to replace your shoes.
If your shoes have compressed midsole and make sure that you buy a new shoe at least before 2 to 4 weeks of your race. With running shoes, you have a wider choice than walking shoes and if you are likely to suffer from pain, select a cross trainer shoe with extra cushioning made for both walking and running.
Shoes for special Occasions
Choosing shoes for your wedding is a challenging task, since they need to be perfect. You have to walk up and down, posing for photographs, dance, greet attendants and much more. So, you have to pay more attention on your wedding shoes selection. The wedding shoes should be convenient enough and the heels should be comfortably flat, since high heels will cause pain when you wear it for a longer time. However, if you want to wear high heels, platform heels will suit you best. The colour of the shoes should match with your wedding costume in a more traditional way. On top of everything, the shoes should reflect your style.
Casual and Formal Shoes
A good formal shoe improves your formal outfit. The formal shoe should match with the colour of your pants; make sure it should be darker than your pants. As an example, black shoes will go well with grey, black or navy pants. If you are wearing a belt, try to match your shoes with it.
Casual shoes do not demand any colour or style, since it will work well with any casual pants or jeans. You just have to avoid shiny shoes for casual occasions.
There are many great brands of shoes and choosing the right one for your needs depends on your requirement and use. All good looking shoes are not the best shoes. Any kind of shoe you choose, your selection should solely depend on its make and quality rather than the low price and good looks.